Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gold Card

I have a confession to make.

I came out on the other side of transplant and I no longer like....

tall blondes.

GASP!

Yup, it's true. I don't.

I gave it a real good shot. I had Brad bring me a freaking tall hazelnut blonde before I even left the ICU step-down unit. 

I had about 3 of them before I knew I couldn't do it any longer. They tasted like dirty water (cause we've all tasted dirty water).

I stepped it up a bit and tried the, get this - medium roast. Otherwise known as Pike.
Gold card babeeee!

I'm really working my way up in the coffee world, eh?

What was really sweet was Brad showing up in my hospital room with a gold card. I'm sure you're all getting used to Brad surprises. He wrote Starbucks, told them my story and how much I drink their coffee, and they sent it to us.

Just seeing Brad's smiling face at the hospital made me happy and provided me with mucho motivation, but add the gold card?? Wha????

---------------

Today was a physio day. Guys, I feel like some sort of muscle machine.

For my bicep curls, I lifted 6 pounds.

I know, crazy right? Next I'll be lifting minivans and freight trains.

Then I attached some 4 pound ankle weights to myself and threw my legs around like a dancer. I'm stuck doing 3 pounds for some of the leg exercises, as I've been struggling with my leg strength. Strange, I know. I guess years of having crusty lungs, combined with major ragin' surgery and 1 month in hospital, gives Squeegee spaghetti legs.

I upped the tension on the bike though. Somehow, I will have rock solid legs! After all...I have a few 5k's to crack out. My legs are getting stronger, so hopefully I will soon be rocking out on the treadmill again.

After physio I popped in on a fellow CFer who got her lungs exactly 1 month after I did. She looked like a superstar sitting up in bed with a huge smile on her face. Seeing my friends get lungs is so awesome and watching my friends still struggle while waiting is more than enough motivation to keep on being loud about organ donation.

Please, Please, Please - Recycle Your Organs!

This next part is brought to you by a furry little guy (he made me throw this in).

Griffin's best friend, Adjey, has been prancing around the park for some time now, acting like "the man", and making the G-man feel a bit inferior.

Adjey:

So, today Griffin asked me to help him out a bit. He wanted to update his wardrobe, plus protect his poor little paws from all the narsty salt that's dumped on this city every day.


Handsome? I think so.

He wants to know what you guys think

No comments:

Post a Comment